Sports Massage can play a critical role for runners both before and after an event such as a Full or Half Marathon.
Here’s how massage can assist you in your pre-event training:
– Increase your awareness of where potential problems are (areas of restriction or fatigue)
– Increase your range of movement – reducing the risk of injury
– Speed up recovery between your runs
– Help with common runners ailments including:
- Planta Faciatis and foot pain
- Piriformis Syndrome / Sciatic type pain
- Tight Hamstrings and or hip flexors
- Calf Pain
- Knee pain / Tracking problems associated with muscular tightness
- Shin Splints / tight Tibialis Anterior
- Hip and lower back pain
- Upper body aches from poor running posture
After an event Sports Massage can help speed up recovery.. particularly for endurance events like Marathons that take quite a toll on the body.